Thursday, 22 October 2009

It's going to be a bright, bright, bright, bright sun shiny day...

Oh dear, I am getting worse with these post titles! I do apologise for being so very corny! Yesterday it rained ALL day and even though I cannot remember when we last had a full day of rain in these parts, it was still miserable weather. And this morning I awoke to the familar sound of rain hammering down on my patio however, in the space of half an hour it had stopped and I crept out of bed and peaked through the curtains... I was greeted by the wonderful sight of mist travelling over the fields! Our part of the country is famous for its flat landscape and it makes the perfect place for morning mist. I made haste and found my camera before the sun came up anymore and snapped away. I am really, truly a beginner but there is something about a sky filled with clouds, like this morning, that makes me long to be able to take that 'perfect' shot. In the meantime here are a few of my better efforts (in between far too much rubbish - which is on my Flickr!) And I just hope my post title comes true...






4 comments:

  1. I hope so too! It was dark when I left the house this morning but this is beautiful - I miss living somewhere flat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely photos... the mist gives off such an ethereal quality!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those photos are ethereal my dear!.., So glad "you made haste", to get up and take them to share with us!.., They're absolutley lovely!

    LOVE YOUR BLOG; I'M GLAD I FOUND YOU!..,

    Well I must also add, that I got the greatest giggle and chuckle about your reference to trying to come up with new blog post titles and captions!.., What a hoot!~ Although I must add, that there really is nothing "funny", per se about what you've chosen.~ I think the captions are creative and charming!..,

    You see it's just that I can so relate because, I have six blogs; two for my mom, two I post regularly and the others though I adore them, only occasionally..,

    Do pop by and visit and take a peek!

    Cheers from Silken Purse

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are absolutely beautiful! I'm a complete beginner with photography too. I love the almost haunting beauty of the mist. I've always wanted to experience this for myself. And take some dreamy shots.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my little part of the blogging world.