Well, oh my, how I had never discovered this place before I am amazed! I was truly, as the title of this post suggests, like a child in a sweet shop, I couldn't stop smiling. My arms were instantly full and I really had to say stop to myself as I unloaded at the till for the second time! The barn/shop isn't just open at Christmas either, it is heaven for every florist/cake maker/event dresser. It is like a maze with corners, row after row of ceiling height shelves and little rooms leading to more hidden treasures. At one point I had to shout to ask where my mother-in-law was because I was worried I had lost her somewhere! So I am afraid I continued my spending spree on Friday too! Here is a picture of the treasure I brought home:
They had shelves and shelves of these hearts and nests in all shapes and sizes - I don't know how I didn't buy more! I also got two stems of fake buds and berries to decorate them myself, three embroidered fabric hearts, one box of baubles, gold mini pine cones, four mini bottle-brush Christmas trees, and two berry garlands including one set with fairy lights! And must add I was pleased with the cost for all this too; as it wasn't really expensive considering how much I have seen these things for in the shops.
So here are the photo's of my bounty in-situ and I now feel the house is much more festive!
(embroidered hearts added to ones I already had on the wall)
(berries and buds I added to the heart wreath)
(I fixed two of the nests together and added the berries and a dried hydrangea I had already, to decorate my little angel)
(I had hoped to put the brush trees under a cheese dome I had (I have seen some amazing ones in magazines/on blogs this year) but mine wasn't tall enough for these trees so they are now in the kitchen with my little children's nativity.)
(And in the afternoon I finished my pomanders too!)
We have had a quiet weekend at home as it is our last free one before well into January, and we are both feeling rather under the weather too. But I must have done something right with all the decorations because my wonderful husband has suggested an after work visit to pick out our Christmas tree this following week rather than wait till next Sunday! Hopefully this thought will encourage me to get through a trip to the dentist to put an end to the cause of my incredible current pain!
Finally, I leave you with some pictures I snapped today when I realised the afternoon light was catching our decorations beautifully. Hope you all had/are having a fabulous weekend xx
Love the heart wreath and how you personalised it!
ReplyDeleteThe place sounds amazing! I love what you did with your decorations and the personalisation.
ReplyDeleteI love the country chic style. I don't really have much of it here (or I don't really look). Your little nativity scene is adorable! I love the heart wreath and it's all very sweet.
I'm sure you had a wonderful time and day!! x
Isn't it just the best feeling when you discover a whole bunch of wonderful stuff that seems as though it were made with you in mind? You've done a beautiful job with all the bits and pieces you bought... money well spent, methinks! And it will last you from year to year, so you shouldn't even feel a teeny bit guilty about it.
ReplyDeleteI love how the late afternoon sunlight looks with your decorations. Beautiful. Just like Christmas should be!
PS: I have a "children's" nativity too. Love it. I'll have to post a photo for you to see!
Wow, what a bounty you brought home. You did a lovely job with the heart wreaths and your decorations as well. Doesn't it feel great to create. It makes us feel as though we have accomplished something. Our creator made us in his image and he creates, so we feel great when we do the same.
ReplyDeleteDear, you lucked out with this adventure! What fuin things! I would imagine I would have been the same way, arms full! Got your card, love love it! Any sign of my swap package?? Maybe it will arrive for next Christmas, LOL!
ReplyDelete