Monday, 24 May 2010

Alli's When I think of England I think of...

Today's guest blogger is Alli from 'Hooray Design'.

When Cassie kindly asked me to do a guest post about what England makes me think of, my head began swirling with ideas. I've dreamed of going to England since I was a child - it was always my topic of choice for school reports + projects growing up, and I still gravitate toward movies + books that have anything to do with it. Here is just a short list (of three things) that England makes me think of...

Jane Austen era (love the setting, time period, + styles)


(1
charles moorhen via here, 2 hellohandmadepaperie)

Countryside cottages (the movie The Holiday comes to mind!)

(1 ednabucket, 2 via)

Classic, refined styles (from vintage florals to Wimbledon whites)

(by little bee vintage)

Does England make anyone else think of Jane Austen, the countryside, or British fashion? Oh, and if I continued with my list, it would definitely include rain boots, fish n' chips, books, telephone booths, and swoon-worthy accents.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, Jane Austen. She's the greatest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes so English (well I think so) and so totally lovey :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane Austen era: yes, yes, yes!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my little part of the blogging world.