
I found it very difficult to make the list above this year and decided to simply make it a list of goals rather than resolutions really. Often my resolutions can be very negative and I wanted my 2011 list to be positive, so no 'stops' and 'don'ts' here.
Goal 1) I absolutely loved this one last year, as I mentioned before, so I decided that I must continue it for another year. It doesn't matter whether it is a small jam jar of daisies from the garden or a big jug of shop bought tulips, I vow to have real flowers in this house.
Goal 2) I think I mentioned before that during and after my blogging break I very rarely picked up my camera and believe it or not, until my after Christmas post I took the grand total of three photos over Christmas itself. I hope to use Flickr more to organise my own photos and I have a couple of projects in mind to inspire me to improve my own skills. Watch this space!
Goal 3) I feel a little stupid that two of these goals are the same as last year but they are ones I begun to achieve and wanted to continue. My main aim for goal three this year is to streamline the contents of our house, to improve storage and keep clutter to a minimum.
Goal 4) Big things that happened last year made me realise that it is the little things which can hugely affect my mood no matter what is happening in the grand scheme of things. So for 2011 I vow to enjoy the little things whether they are arranging items on my hall table so they are pleasing to my eye, planting seeds and watching them bloom, visiting a favourite shop or spending a hour or so with a niece or nephew. It can be the littlest things which make the biggest memories sometimes.
There you have it, my not so grand goals for two thousand and eleven. I really am hoping/needing this year to be a good one which is happy and joyful so fingers crossed and full steam ahead! Hope your wishes for the new year are off to a good start.

I'm not good at resolutions either but numbers 3 and 4 would definitely make it to my list if I had one!
ReplyDeleteLove number 1 too but I can't commit to it.
xo
I love the fresh flowers goal it is one I think I may try and implement once I start working full time. I also want to start taking more photos too. Simple, positive, achievable goals - I think you will do great.
ReplyDeleteYou know I love to enjoy the little things too Cassie.
ReplyDeleteSo I'm with you there. I think too though I shall be open to realising that sometimes big wonderfulness can come along too as well as little wonderfulness(I just made that word up really!) It's been a long while but it can.
I agree the White made the view outside light. The grey is ok but gets to you after a few weeks. We need fresh blue sky back!
Thankyou for your lovely comments, it's good to have you back blogging dear friend
Peace and love for 2011
Kat xx
organization makes me giddy as do fresh flowers!
ReplyDeleteI am with you about the little things. Little things can make such a big difference. This year I am hoping to have a more positive outlook on things. =) Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteFresh flowers every week? Love that idea.
ReplyDeleteI'm game for #1! I don't know why I don't buy them more!
ReplyDeleteAll four of your goals for 2011 are perfect. I love the idea of fresh flowers on the table, every week of the year! You take wonderful photos, and I look forward to seeing more of them (taking photos is not something I struggle with... I took 500 between the middle of November and New Year's Day!) Getting and staying organized is something I'm working on, too. A tidy space makes for a far clearer mind, and a much calmer me. And finally... the little things! You know this is one I'm going to focus on too. Each little moment can mean so much. Or maybe it doesn't have to be significant. Just a quiet moment enjoying a cup of tea. I want to appreciate all of it.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year, Cassie! I am keeping my fingers crossed that 2011 is a joyous year for you.
xo
#4 is HUGE. It's all about the little things, I think.
ReplyDeleteAnd I bought myself some fresh flowers yesterday. I needed them.