Monday, 5 October 2009

"One of these days you'll be under the covers..."

Today is so different from yesterday here; it was crisp, crunchy weather yesterday and it is wet, soggy and COLD today!
We had a busy weekend travelling to and from friends on Friday and Saturday and then harvest festival and an amazing roast beef at my in-laws yesterday.
One thing is for sure the evenings are getting colder and colder and there has even been talk of frosts on the weather forecast. We added a second quilt to our bed last night and I fortunately woke up warm and toasty this morning. When the weather turns like this I can only think of snuggling up in my living room on the big four seater sofa with a blanket in front of our wonderful wood burner.
At the moment I have a burning desire to buy an american style patchwork quilt for our bed, but my search has, as yet been unsucessful and I am looking through many gorgeous blankets to live on my sofa too. I may have to ask Father Christmas for one of these ones below this year!

Wishing you all a warm and cosy week.

4 comments:

  1. Ooo, love both of these blanket choices. They look like "must haves", especially amid talk of potential frost for you. :)

    Oh, and goodness, goodness...I CRACKED UP when I saw that photo you just shared over on my last post! I swear to you, that is EXACTLY what is going on behind my fridge door. Things are taking on a life of their own! :)

    Thanks for the giggles!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm...i'll snuggle up in that second beautiful plaid wool blanket.

    thanks for saying such sweet things about mr. g's halloween costume. wishing you warm thoughts on a chilly october day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Want to trade? It's ridiculously hot here. I would love to be curling up under a throw, instead of blasting the AC. ah ha. That plaid number is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Is it really cold? It's quite warm here but nice and comfortable weather. I love it!!
    Those blankets look oh so cosy though and I think I will want some for when I get married. I just love blankets.
    And thanks for the link to that picture. It's so beautiful. I really love fairy lights. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my little part of the blogging world.