Tuesday, 22 June 2010

Tumblr Tuesday

Welcome to another 'Tumblr Tuesday'! I love trawling my Tumblr archives now to put these posts together and I now have a few waiting in the wings for future weeks. For those of you who would like to join in the fun just choose your favorite pictures from Tumblr, explaining why you love them and then link your post back here on the Linky below.

For my 'Tumblr Tuesday' choices this week I have taken my inspiration from Wimbledon, which started yesterday and boy did it begin with a bang! The Federer game was incredible; I really thought he might be out of the tournament a couple of times during the match. So when I think of Wimbledon I not only think of the tennis but also think of strawberries. Ta da - the theme for this week!

(via adorablelife and suziebeezie)

Aren't strawberries just the prettiest things? Their flowers are so delicate and dainty and I think just the thought of them is enough to put a smile on anyones face!

(via madamecupcake and msmcporkchop)

I adore this strawberry banner and I can just imagine it at a 'Pick Your Own' farm or adorning a birthday picnic table. These white strawberries are just too gorgeous for words - I could pile them high in a big red bowl mixed in with the red variety and a huge jug of cream sitting on the side.

(both via raspberrytart)

Strawberry desserts are a big favourite in this household too. Don't these ice lollies and mooses look simply divine?

(via craftdoula and msmcporkchop)

Oh how I wish I could find a strawberry with a centre like this, in fact I will never eat another one whole - just in case! I have so many recipes for chocolate and strawberry deserts that I could go on forever. The one above does look delicious but my own favourite has to be one with a dark chocolate biscuit base, white chocolate moose and strawberries laid around the outside that I make for extra special occasions - perfection!

(via my Tumblr archive)

I found it so difficult to choose just a few images this week so I thought I would include a big collage at the end of all the images I found. Yummy, scrumptious in fact!

I think I will have to indulge in a few bowls whilst I watch the rackets go backwards and forwards this week and maybe even add a little cream as I oh and ah over near shots! How do you like your strawberries - with cream or ice cream? In a tart or dipped in chocolate? For breakfast perhaps, or are any of you allergic to them? I would love to hear any favourite recipes you may have too and I hope you enjoyed today's little indulgence! Don't forget to link your post up below.


11 comments:

  1. Strawberries! Yum! I like the pictures with the flowers + fruit together. We usually eat strawberries plain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow its soo beutiful yummy straw berries looks awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful strawberry photos. And yay for Wimbledon! By far our favorite tennis tournament. Federer's match had us a little worried :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos. There's one you forgot though! I'm emailing it to you now...

    My favourite way to eat strawberries is with whipped cream. Or maybe ice cream. No, dipped in chocolate! Oh! Or in a strawberry shortcake...

    So many choices! And now my stomach is rumbling!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS: Oops! Never mind about forgetting one. I missed it somehow and see now it's right there! The strawberry bunting has you written all over it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cassie,

    Gorgeous finds! Still on the lookout for your bird food enamel tin, Have a sweet day! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy! Craving strawberries now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum strawberries are the best and perfectly describe summer! Now I wish it was summer here, I've never seen the whitebones before they look stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Think the white ones are 'pineberries' - a cross breed of strawberries and pineapple that Waitrose created earlier this summer - kept looking in store to try buy some but they were always out of stock!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment on my little part of the blogging world.