Why, hello there! If anyone is indeed still there? So, my 'short blogging break' turned into a six month one! I never, for one minute, intended that to be the case but life simply did take over and the days, weeks and months have disappeared since my last post. The reason for all this, as you have probably guessed either by the picture above or if you follow me on my Pinterest page, is a 'tinywhitedaisy' is soon on the way, here into my corner of the world!
In fact, today I am exactly 30 weeks pregnant - yes 30 weeks!! Back in February we found out that I was expecting after just under five years of trying to conceive; after a successful second round of IVF. Even though I have never mentioned our personal fertility battle on here I want you all to know that Hydrangeas and White Daisies and all of you gorgeous readers was a massive comfort, distraction and help through some very tough times and reading about others struggles helped me tremendously.
For this reason I do not simply want to return here in a whirl of all things baby without opening up a little to you about our situation first. Back in 2006, after being together for over five years we decided we wanted to start a family and along with organising our wedding we set upon what has turned out to be a very long journey. After various rounds of fertility drugs and an exploratory operation we were no further down the line and were referred to a clinic with 'unexplained infertility'. We started our IVF journey at the clinic over two years ago and had a positive result from the first round of treatment last year. However, last summer we suffered the loss of miscarriage. During this very difficult time others stories on blogs gave me support and reassurance that things would be OK. A huge thanks to Marta for sharing her story around this time and to Dawn for her amazing post that read as if it were sharing my own personal thoughts about this whole difficult fertility struggle. Then last December we embarked on our second round of IVF more cautious and anxious than I could ever have imagined after such a devastating loss the first time round. So in February, when we received our wonderful result we found it hard to remain positive and get as excited as we did first time round but began steadily plodding on, counting down the days and weeks to each milestone with building positivity. Our hearts were in our mouths at the early 7 week scan at the clinic, for it was here first time round we had found out there was a problem, but there was our teeny, tiny little baby bean on the screen. We were referred back to our local hospital for further care and carried on the waiting game till the 13 week scan and were amazed at the huge picture that awaited us on the ultrasound - my, how our baby had grown. I am under consultant care at the hospital because of the IVF but everything is going well ('touch wood' - can't help but be superstitious!) and we have been lucky enough to have extra growth scans at 28 weeks and have another coming up at 34 weeks.
For me, the excitement and reality truly kicked in with those first baby flutterings in my tummy and have been a massive reassurance and comfort that everything is OK every day since. Now I know our battle has been nothing compared to some and I know how difficult it is sometimes for those struggling with fertility to hear about another blogger being pregnant but I wanted to share with you our success story. For, even in the hardest, darkest times, I always loved to read about someone who had come through this tough old road that is IVF and had their own bundle of joy on the way. Whilst being away from writing on here I have tried to keep up with some blog reading on and off and have marveled at the braveness of fellow bloggers like Miranda and Melanie for sharing their personal fertility struggles on their own blogs and I have enjoyed reading about others pregnancies, like those of Naomi, Kerri and Dawn. So I have decided to return to my little online home during this last trimester of my pregnancy, I realised how much I miss it being a record of life and the happenings in these parts and wanted it to record life with my 'tinywhitedaisy' too! I certainly will not be able to write on such a regular basis I am sure but I didn't want to forget all about Hydrangeas and White Daisies and what a gigantic help it had been through the tough times.
I hope you are all doing well, enjoying the season and look forward to catching up with you all again soon.

Gosh! I am so happy for you and hubby, amazing and wonderful news. I hope all continues to go well, I'm sure it will, it's so nice to hear from you and know that things are bright in the world of Hydrangeas and white daisies. I think the brilliant thing about blogging is the support and comfort you find in unexpected quarters, or just the out and out laughs! Dip in and out as you will, no-one minds, no-one judges. Happy happy news, thank you for sharing it,
ReplyDeleteLove Sarah xXx
Cassie this is such wonderful news, congratulations! I am sorry to hear that you have had to struggle to get to where you are today but what a beautiful gift at the end!! So happy for you.
ReplyDeleteDarling girl, you have made my day!
ReplyDeleteYou know how happy I am for you, and now I can tell everyone I know what a fabulous mum you are going to be. Hurrah! Looking forward to following along in this exciting journey of yours. It's just one more way of keeping in touch with my favourite blogging friend!
lots of love,
E xoxo
PS: Don't you worry about missing our skype date! A nap is far more important :)
PS: Forgot to say... LOVE the new banner! I might need to enlist your help to make a new one of my own ;~)
ReplyDeleteoh cassie, how entirely thrilled i am for your little family!! hooray for a healthy pregnancy. i'll be praying for you. i appreciate you opening up and letting us know the struggles you've had; it gives us all hope!! you are going to be such a wonderful mama. rest easy and enjoy all the joys of pregnancy. so exciting. xo.
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness, congratulations! what an absolute joy.
ReplyDeleteCASSIE!!! Oh my gosh!! I was so happy to see your comment today, I've missed you and here you are with such wonderful news :) 30 weeks! Squeep! I'm so happy for you... Congratulations.
ReplyDeleteOh, my! I'm mega excited for you! You have no idea how similar our stories are! I thought I was reading a page from my own journal or something. Second IVF did the trick for us, too, after five years of trying. Though my miscarriage was the second year of our marriage and I got pregnant the natural way. I've been thinking of you, and maybe because I've been through all this, I thought something baby-related was going on. I wanted to e-mail to see if you got my easter card, but then I changed my mind.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your pregnancy, sweetie! You deserve all the happiness in the world. You'll be in my thoughts, together with Dawn and my best friend. You are so blessed!
xo
Dearest Cassie,
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy to see you back on-line again!
I'm so excited to learn about your news!
I'm so thrilled for you!
E xxx
GAH! Are you serious, Cassie!?! Oh my heavens!! I was just wondering about you the other day and hoping you were doing well.
ReplyDeleteAnd now here I am, sitting at my computer with tears streaming down my face. While I am so, so sorry for all the difficult times you've faced in the past year...I am so, so entirely ablaze with happiness over your news, and I cannot wait to see this Little Daisy in just a few weeks!
As Erin said, you are going to be an amazing mother. You're such a calm, kind presence and I am certain that will transfer into your journey as a mother.
Oh, Cassie. Although I've typed a lot of words right now--I am totally speechless with happiness for you. :)
Sending loads of love. And welcome back. :)
Cassie, this is such exciting news! I've been slowly making my way through a packed google Reader after vacation and was surprised to see a new post from you. It's heartbreaking to hear what you went through. You are beyond brave, and I wish you many blessings on your pregnancy!
ReplyDeleteCongartulations Cassie, my better desires for you
ReplyDeleteHugs
Cecilia
Cassie -- what an amazing journey you have been on! Congratulations on this pregnancy (30 weeks already!) and I pray that God makes you relaxed and healthy.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for your honesty.
Cassie, welcome back and congratulations on your pregnancy! Your story was really touching and I'm so glad you shared it with us. Even more, I can't wait to see where your story goes from here and I'm looking forward to celebrating all the little milestones to come with you.
ReplyDeleteI'm am so pleased for you, thanks so much for sharing you story. I wish you all the best for the future.
ReplyDeleteGill x
http://sat-child.blogspot.com
Oh wow! Cassie this is amazing news. I'm so excited for you guys and can't wait to hear more about it!!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing your story. I know that must have been really difficult. I'm so sorry you had to go through all that but you have this baby to look forward too :) Welcome back Cassie!! x
wow what a journey. thank you so much for sharing your story and being so open about your struggles. most people i think keep these things to themselves, but we have so much to learn from each other!
ReplyDeleteBeyond excited for you my dear! I've been thinking of you lots and now I can be thinking of you and your little one on the way! Thank you for sharing such a personal experience with us. You will be surprised how many people you will help as a result.
ReplyDeleteOh, Cassie! What FANTASTIC news! I'm so, so happy for you. I'm very sorry for what you had to go through before this, and it's no wonder you went missing from the blogosphere for a while. I have missed you and I'm so glad you are now back, happier than ever, and with a bubba on the way! Congratulations!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for sharing your all your joy and pain with us. You are such a strong woman and your post just reminds me of how important perseverance and strength is. *big hugs*
Welcome back! <3