I am feeling in the need for a little motto to live by this week and the classic 'Keep Calm and Carry On' theme would really do the trick! So for this week's 'Tumblr Tuesday' I have picked this fantastic poster and some of its glorious variations.
(via pughsnews)
The original and the best! I particularly love this gold version in the gold frame.
(via sally doodle and royalrj)
I have certainly befriended a Canadian and am looking forward to her England visit in August! I think 'living fancy' sounds just perfect too, don't you? It brings to mind tea and cake and pretty dresses!
(via permanentjuice, briahere and alittleloved)
There are lots of these tea, coffee and cake ones around but the central one is a real favourite as it is a truly British thought - everything is made better with a cup of tea!
(via both unknown sources - apologies)
(via creativemigration and adorablelife)
Then of course you have the ones which have played around with the words - there are some great ones of these doing the rounds. I think 'Get Excited and Make Things' would make a great sewing machine cover or as a print on a craft room wall.
(via mrsamberapple and dementedeuphoria)
And if all else fails follow the advice from one of the above!
So my motto for today is 'Keep Calm' in all its variations and permutations I will endeavour to remain calm. Which one of these do you like or are they driving you crazy? Do you have another favourite you could recommend? I have also added a collage of other images I haven't used in the post onto Tumblr here.
Remember please feel free to join in with 'Tumblr Tuesday' - simply pick your favourite images from Tumblr, tell us why you like them and pop back here and add your link in the comments section. Thank you in advance if you do decide to join in.














Love, love, love, love, love!!! Best motto ever and we should practice this together. This Canadian you've befriended will soon be sitting at your kitchen table. You keep calm and put the kettle on, I'll keep calm and fake a British accent, we'll both change the words and be hilarious. Can't wait!
ReplyDeletexoxo
Aah these are good, always see lots of these but hadn't seen all of these particular ones before, cheered up my day.
ReplyDeleteLove this motto. People say they are tired of seeing it everywhere, but the original phrase actually means a lot to me - I still plan to get the poster (someday!).
ReplyDeleteHere's my Tumblr Tuesday post. Enjoy!
ReplyDeletehttp://pughs-news.blogspot.com/2010/06/tumblr-tuesday-gather-round-table.html
And picture me and you sitting at your kitchen table!
I'm not sure whether I'm sick of it yet. But I do love the variations. I love the get excited and make things one. I would get a print like that for sure :)
ReplyDeleteI do love your Tumblr Tuesday posts Cassie. They are always so pretty and fun. x
These are so fun!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteI never realised there were so many versions of the keep calm poster, they are great!
ReplyDeleteLove these!!
ReplyDeleteHope you're having a great week!
Federica
nice post looks really cool
ReplyDelete